A house needs a grandma in it

Jan 3, 2012

Hello everyone! I hope you've all had a great week thus far. I sure did. I started it off yesterday with the thrifting marathon of the year with my mom. I seriously could not have had a better thrifting day. I found so much great stuff. I can't wait to share with you all on this blog. Part of what makes going to the thrift store so fun is the fact that I do go with my mom. She is seriously the best shopping partner. sometimes I think people just tell you that the things you pick our are cute because they don't want to hurt your feelings, but not my mom, she'll always tell me if something is just plain weird or too worn to be redeemed. What a true shopping friend.

Anyways, we are back in town now, and to greatest dismay, Nathan is sick. He's got some kind of bad cold, or something. So, I'm playing nurse while he gets better. I've already done my wifely/nursely duties by going to target and picking up some crazy cold medicine, and soup, and treats for when you get sick. It's a real bummer, I always hate to see my wubby not at 100%, it makes me sad!

Well... this is what I decided to wear today. Is this not the coolest sweater you have ever seen? I just couldn't pass it up, it's just too cool of a vintage peice. The colors are awesome, the pattern is just out of control. I have a rule regarding clothes, where only one peice of the outfit can be the star, even if you're mixing prints. It's pretty obviousl this sweater is the star of my outfit!

 My goodness! Have you ever seen a more awesome pattern on a sweater? Neither have I! Look at it! Wow...

 In case there have ever been days where you wondered "I wonder if she is showing off her wedding ring..." the answer is 100% yes. I am not a huge jewlery person at all. I'm really not a big fan of things that tend to be really expensive (remember the part about me loving the thrift store). But besides my ring being special because it's my wedding ring, this ring is especially special because it was inherited! This beautiful ring was Nathan's grandmother's ring from his mother's side. It really is an honor that my mother-in-law thought me worthy of wearing it.

 you can't deny a classic. These are among my very favorite shoes that I own. Scared shins everywhere should run and hide at the sight of them. Just kidding! I would never kick anyone in the shin!
Well everyone, thats about it for me today. I decided that I would put this sweater in the store, so you can click on the "store" tab to check it out a little more closely. But just so you know, I'm probably gonna wear it until it sells, and It'll be a sad day for me to see it go... But, I can't keep all the great vintage to myself, I need to share it with the world!! I hope the rest of your week goes great! I need to get back to nursing my wubby back to health! I'll see you soon!

1 comment :

  1. um, that sweater is awesome! i would agree that moms are great for telling you like it is, while still being kind:) ps--those doc martens are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground