Blog Feature: Broken 2 Restored

Jan 23, 2012

Hello everyone! Happy Monday to you. Let me tell you first off the fact that I survived my very stormy drive to school this morning is a total miracle. I left for  class early so that I would have enough time to drive slow and take back roads the whole time. I made it safe and sound :)
ANYWAYS! A few months ago, I met a very special girl in the youth group that Nathan and I are leaders in, named Marissa. Being totally burdened by the Lord to serve people in poverty and really wanting to them to know the love of Jesus, she used her creative gifting to start a little business that is %100 non-profit. It completely runs on donations, and all profit, every single penny goes to a missionary organization called Speed The Light. Her small, but all ready thriving, company is called Broken 2 Restored. What she has done is gathered old t-shirts that people don't wear and turned them into super on trend necklaces, which she sells for $5 a peice. Every penny goes to Speed The Light in efforts to rescue young girls from the horror sex-trafficking.

 Isn't she absolutely wonderful?! If you ever get the chance to chat with her in person, which I hope you do, you will be able to see that without a shadow of a doubt that her heart for these girls to know the love of Jesus is really what she is aiming for. I have personally seen these necklaces fly off the table at youth conferences. It's absolutely a pleasure for me to get to tell you all about what Marissa is doing for Speed the Light.
 How can you help you ask? Well, let me tell you! It's very easy actually. You can go over to her shop by clicking on the following link http://www.etsy.com/shop/brokentorestored. If there's a particular color that you want that you don't see in the shop, just send her the t-shirt in the desired color!


Marissa and her T-shirt donation box.
Well everyone, thats about it for today! Be sure to visit the Broken 2 Restored Facebook page and click like, and if you feel so compelled, leave her an encouraging message. Be sure to visit the etsy page and check em out, and even though I mostly discused the necklaces there are tons of ways you can wear it! Just check it out! Even though $5 sounds like hardly anything, it really enough to change a life! See you soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground