Light Morning Conversation

Aug 29, 2011

Good morning wonderful blogging community! It's almost 10:00am, so thought to kill time before my next class at 12:30, I would fill you in on how school is going.

School is going great thus far! I tend to be an extreme worrier. So the night before the first day of classes was not a very restful once for me. But alas, my day went fine. I'm in so very very very interesting classes, so I'm speaking life into this semester by saying that I think I really going to love soaking up all the info I can. I have lots of psych classes, which are going to be sooooo awesome! I also have a class at 8 in the morning that I've decided that I'm going to love: Christian Perspectives. . It wasn't what I thought it was going to be at all, and that makes me so really excited.

I've grown up in a Christian home my entire life. The little old ladies at the church I've grown up in my whole life are all like my grandmas, and my church friends growing up are more like family than friends. I've been surrounded by this type of culture my whole life, and I continue to live in that culture voluntarily, I really love beign around church, and church people. the only bummer is, I really dont hear a lot of other worldviews, and thats why I'm so excited about this class.

The couple behind me was like on a weird first date or something. Their flirtatiousness was really uncomfortable. Oh Starbucks. I'll bet the employees witness lot's of strange dates! Also, I really wish I knew what my bangs were doing. They really need a trim.
Christians should be thinkers and learners, and they should know, like really know our world. But do we? Do I? After just two days of Christians Perspective, it's pretty clear that I didn't know nearly as much as I thought I did. How can I be all things to all people, when I only know the people who are like me? How can make disciples of all nations, when i'm a disciple of just my own? I'm really excited about this year. I'm going to be made uncomfortable, and I'm going to have my feelings hurt (I tend to take everything personally, it's one of my bajillion flaws), but I'm going to stretched and grown so much, and it's going to happen between 8:00 and 9:30 AM every monday and wednesday!!! I can't wait,

1 comment :

  1. so LOVELY GIRL *-* Love all! I'm following you! Hope you can also follow my blog, if you like it! Thanks Mary
    FOLLOW Venus at Her Mirror
    Venus on FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground