Spring Reading

Feb 12, 2016

Hi Everyone!
Happy Friday! First off, let me say the response to Women in Worship has been so awesome! Its all I can think about!! Secondly, I've got a 4 day weekend ahead for President's Day! It also happens to be Valentine's day weekend! Nate's a spontaneous romantic, so I'm excited!

I thought I would share with you what I'm reading right now! I really love love love reading, it relaxes me, and takes me out of my busy world. I'm reading three awesome books right now. They are vastly different from one another, but they really so edifying in their diffferent ways. 

1. Anne of Green Gables- L.M Montgomery. Yep, you read that right. I read it when I was a kid, and I'm now reading it as an adult. I started reading it last summer and I've gone away and come back to it. I'm finally on Rilla of Ingleside, the last book, and I have to say, I'm kinda sad. I really dont want it to end. But for those of you who are fiction readers, let's just give it up for Anne Shirley, they really don't make female Characters like they used to. She is just my absolute favorite. Anne shows us how beautiful it is to be a normal woman. She's so beautifully and creacefully normal. I can't get enough of her. I wish she was my nextdoor neighbor and that she wass my best friend. It makes me also wish I lived on Prince Edward Island.

2. The Explicit Gospel- Matt Chandler. I've been reading this book with my high school students in Chapel Leadership. If you've been churched your whole life like I have, this is a great book. I was given a firm foundation of doctrine even in my childhood, but it was never really put all together to me. Why these doctrines matter, how they matter, and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ, His reconciliation on the Cross plays a major role in Heaven also. Doctrinal principles I have always been taught coming together as one full Gospel PRestentatin. Thats what this book is for me. It's not the easiest read, but it has really shown me so much about myself, our world, and our need for Jesus. Such a great book. Quite the contrast to Anne Shirley, but hey! It's all about Balance!

3. The Best Yes- Lysa TerKeurst. I was introduced to this book by a teacher I work with, her name is Val. I hope you gals have women in your life like Val. I just watch her in amazement. She is so awesome at what she does, and she so evidently loves Jesus. I wanna be like Val. I'm only in Chapter 1, but this book is already speaking my language. IF you're like me and you legitimate love saying "yes" to every request, and want to do every possible wonderful thing this world has to offer, but then find yourself pulling your hair out because you're way overextended, I would strongly reccomend you start reading this book (I know you'd be saying yes to another thing, but this one is worth it! I you need a book to sit in a coffee shop and read with a cup of coffee and a hi-liter, this is the one. 


So there you go everyone! A little look into my coffee/by myself time. Have you gone back and ready the books you loved as a little girl? You should! What are you reading? I'd love if you picked up The Best Yes, and shared your thoughts! Kind of like an informal book club type of thing. If you have a long weeknd! Get some extra rest and enjoy! See you soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground