Find You When I'm At My End

Jan 28, 2015

Hi Everyone!

If you follow me on the social medias, you've seen that I participated in 3-day fast with my church. I've done fasts before, and for much longer, but I've never fasted all food before. If you've never done a fast, read the Word and see what it says. God actually tells us to. Now I know why!

What a sweet thing it is to be desperate for the Lord.

That's what I took away from this fast. Besides the fact that I am in prayer for some very specific things (I'm praying about being ready to share them with you here, I should probably tell Nathan first!), the biggest take away, and the most important lesson I learned was absolute dependence on God. Depending on him to help me resist temptation; depending on Him to be my physical and emotional strength, depending on Him to help me keep going. Fasting is hard (who knew!).

I was hungry sure, but really, for the very first time, actually hungry to be near to God, and to hear from Him and really obey. I've never wanted to just read and rest in the Word like I do now. I can't say it enough, it such a sweet, sweet thing.


Bible and Journal

1 comment :

Your Thoughts

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground