How About, Life Is A Picnic...With You?

Jun 22, 2013

Hello Everyone! I hope you are doing well on this fine Saturday morning, Ive already been out an about for the day, and Kingdom is playing out at Raley Field for the Rivercat's Faith and Family Event, so I thought this day would be the perfect excuse to catch up on some blogging and school preparation and laundry...in order of priority!

Anyways, life has been so sweet this summer. Being a teacher has so many rewards, and one of the tangible rewards is Summer Vacation. I'ts been really nice to relax and catch up rejuvenate. I love love love being a teacher.

Also, this past week I had the divine privilege of being a speaker at a girl's retreat! It was my very first speaking engagement, and while it was small, it was HUGE in so many ways! It's awesome to see the unstoppable power of God. It was a retreat for the Senior Girls at Jim Elliot Christian High School, where I am a 2003 Alumni! It was such an honor and blessing to be able to pour back into the high school that had such a huge hand in who I am today. JECHS saved my life, really. Ugh, I'm getting teary. What a great retreat! Awesome ladies, Awesome God.

Here are a few pics from the week!

These fantastic ladies are a few of the Seniors of JECHS c/o 2014. Watch out world!
These are a few of the notes I received afterwards, If only those gals knew how they ministered to me! Making new friends is the best best best! I can't even put it into words!
While the retreat was in Santa Cruz, Nathan and I went back at the end of the week for a day trip. Santa Cruz has to be one of the best towns in all of America, not joking one bit. And in case you did notice (which you probabl didn't) I did get my hair done, this subtle ombre is by the fantastic Megan, at Salon Avanti in Stockton, CA. She's a hair magician! Also, we're obsessed with bubble tea. My favorite Milk Tea is the peach, and my favorite Snow Bubble is the Mocha. Nathan's favorite is the Green Tea. If you're into Iced Green Tea Latte at the Deathstar Starbucks, and you like Boba, you'll love it.
I am a firm believer in the power of a great one-piece, I got mine Here. I'm also a firm believer that you don't have show off all the goods to be sexy. I do have a Bikini, and I got it Here.
 The beach was packed! It was perfect day at 80 degrees. No one was having a bad day. I asked!
A little boy and his cousin Hannah decided that they were best friends with my Husband while he was out swimming in the water, it was precious. 
No better place for feet. Also, gratuitous picture of my pedicure (thanks mom!)
oh yeah, also this. He's not flexing. You're welcome. He's also not thrilled that I took this picture.
Well folks, there you have it. My week, in a nutshell. You can never have enough beach. You can never have enough California. And while my taxes dollars are being spent on things I always vote against, and the CA politicians have used to the budget surplus to raise their own inflated salaries instead of those of public school teachers, I will probably never move. I love this place too too much. Thanks Lord for the Natural beauty that is the California coast. You are the true Artist.  See you all soon!


1 comment :

  1. Just moved to Sacramento and I've been wondering the best beach to visit to get away. Looks like y'all had tons of fun!


    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground