I'll Meet You In the Air.

May 2, 2011

We're talking about the end times in my theology class, now, let me make it perfectly clear that we are talking about this, NOT because Bin Laden has been killed, but because it's in our syllabus to discuss this at the end of the semester, so don't get weird. I'm not a weird "end of the world" crazy-person, I rarely think about it actually, but since we're talking about it in class, I want to share the lyrics of this song with you, it's from my favoritist woman of all time, Sara Groves. It's called Going Home. The Song was released in 2001, but it brings to tears to my eyes even now

I've been feeling kind of restless.
I've been feeling out of place.
I can hear a distant singing,
a song that I can't write,
but it echoes in what I'm always trying to say.

There's a feeling I can't capture.
It's always just a prayer away.
I want to know the ending,
things hoped for but not seen,
but I guess that's the point in hoping anyway. .

Chorus:
Going home, I'll meet you at the table.
Going home, I'll meet you in the air.
You are never too young to think about it.
Oh, I cannot wait to be home .

I'm confined by my senses to really know what you are like.
You are more than I can fathom,
more than I can guess,
and more than I can see with human sight. .

But I have felt you with my spirit.
I have felt you fill this room.
This is just an invitation,
a sample of the whole,
and I cannot wait to be going home.

Face to face how can it be?
Face to face how can it be?
Face to face how can it be?

So thats actually not it for me today, I still have an outfit post to share, i just dont have the pictures ready to go. Anyways, maybe in the midst of alllll this crazy news, this might lift you up a little.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground