All Trees Must Be Pruned Before They Can Grow

Nov 7, 2011

Hello everyone!!  It’s Monday, and I’ve just come out of my orientation for Kohl’s. I’ve been hired there for Holiday Work. Things have been really tight lately, people just aren’t getting tattoos, I don’t know why. I know it’s not because he’s not good… just click on this link and you’ll see that he’s an excellent tattoo artist. Just the life and times of young married artists I guess… The Lord always provides, We’ve never been hungry or cold, and He always comes on His own time.

Anyways, today is really special for us: it’s our 2nd anniversary! It is amazing to think about how far we’ve come since our wedding day. God is so good at interrupting our plans isn’t he? At the time Nathan and I got married, Nathan was in a band called Worth Dying For and I was working in youth ministry in Stockton, and our plans were to do that and live in Modesto. We were gonna live with my parents until we found a house, and we would live happily ever after doing who knows what. Well… that plan never even came close to fruition. On the same day our millionth house offer was accepted, Nathan’s income ceased. We were married for 3 months. 3 months after that I also found myself unemployed. I don’t know what God’s audible voice sounds like, but it was clearly the Lord who “told” me to go back to William Jessup University. I didn’t know how that was going to happen, but slowly and surely God was cutting ties in Stockton and in Modesto without burning bridges. Financial Aid came in, and eventually we moved up to the Sacramento area. The rest is history my friends. Nathan is now a Tattoo Artist, works at Freestyle and is in a band called Kingdom, while I’m a full-time music-major at WJU, where I lead worship for chapel, and have the privilege of being the Chaplain of the Music Department. Here are a few pictures from our wedding day. What a fun and beautiful day. It just went by so fast. But I remember it like was yesterday.










One thing I’ve come to realize these past two years is this: Im not in control. It’s a lesson I learn over and over and over. Ive also learned that I’m not the boss. It’s sounds like the same lesson, but it’s not. AND, that success has a different definition when serving the Lord, Nathan and I have both been learning that in different ways, and it’s been wonderful being his support and having him be mine. Being Married is awesome and excited when you’re walking with the Lord together. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us in the future.

that’s about it for me today, I didn’t really plan on sharing my recent testimony, but there it is! I hope you enjoyed my wedding pictures as much as I do! See you soon!

4 comments :

  1. Aw, you look positively lovely! Happy Anniversary!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here singing "It's your anniversary" *does little dance* lol! don't mind me....

    Congrats! It's a crazy thing to just let God take control...He truly works miracles and really is all knowing! Even if we have no idea of what's going on or what's going to happen, He does. And that's what matters :)

    Candy
    www.tayloranddemolish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about this is lovely!
    I'm so happy to be able and allowed to walk alongside you guys in life. I hope you had a very wonderful day yesterday. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversity!

    Learned about your blog from the 'November Button Swapping' Stacey started... grabbing your button now, hope you grab mine too :)

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground